CORONAVIRUS / COVID-19
Here are some quick links to information on Coronavirus.
We are also holding fortnightly Zoom meetings with organisations on COVID-19 updates. Information on the organisations participating and their current updates can be found below.
Organisation Updates during COVID-19 – (word doc) NHS information
Accessing the Health Services in BSL
For medical help and advice about your main symptoms in BSL contact
(24/7 service) NHS111
To communicate with a health professional on the phone or in person using BSL contact
(24/7 service) BSL Health Access
COVID-19 Updates – BSL Information Videos
SignHealth British Deaf Association Royal Deaf Association
In alphabetical order of subject Access to Work
All of the current updates from deafATW about the process changes – deafAWT
Access to Work: Contingency for payment claim submissions during Covid-19 pandemic – DCAL Access to BSL Interpreters Online
SignLive – Temporary COVID-19 packages available for access 24/7 Care & Support
– Action Deafness provides essential services in www.actiondeafness.org.uk
1) Communications Interpreting (Face to Face & Remote); and
2) Community Care & Support.
Both services are available 24/7 throughout the UK. Additional capacity has been provided during the coronavirus pandemic.
www.youchoosesupport.org.uk – This consortium is being relaunched to enable Deaf-led organisations to provide care & support services in their own catchment area throughout the UK.
– Action on Hearing Loss BSL Information Support Service Children and Families
– information for families – NDCS Coronavirus and support for deaf children
– NDCS Helpline for families
– AVUK Family activities Events/Webinars
– AVUK Online Courses / Guides Facemasks
DIY face masks with clear panels – NDCS
Useful resources including top tips by NDCS (including BSL video) NDCS have put together a list of resources that can help you with ideas and patterns to make your own face mask at home that has a clear panel in it. Hospital
– Top Tips provided by NADP Going to the Hospital during a Pandemic Regulatory Guidance
– NRCPD Guidance for communication professionals working with d/Deaf and Deafblind people during the Covonavirus period
– Regulatory Guidance by NRCPD Professional Practice during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Best Practice for Communication Professionals in Healthcare Settings during Covid-19 Pandemic
Guidelines for Booking Interpreters in Healthcare Settings during the COVID-19 Pandemic Sensory Services
Hertfordshire – www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/sensory
If you require more information, please contact
COVID-19 – government advice relateing to tennis activities in Britain and all those involved in delivering them. Tech/Equipment
– Action Deafness has re-launching its Assistive Technology brochure. The brochure will enable Deaf/Hard of Hearing people to buy equipment/technical aids to manage their hearing loss effectively. Requests can be made 24/7. www.actiondeafness.org.uk
[pdf] Brochure Working remotely
– DCAL New Accessible Remote Working Guide for BSL interpreters, deaf and hearing participants – Jo Wootten (also in BSL) Tips for working remotely when you’re deaf
– Jo Wootten (also in BSL) Captioning remote meetings for deaf people
– provided by Lipspeaker UK Top tips for working remotely with Lipspeakers
– AVSTTR Speech to Text/Captioning