Sir Malcolm Bruce is the Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Deafness and yesterday submitted a Bill to Parliament to secure the communication rights of deaf and hard of hearing people. It is set to be debated in Parliament in October
- Short title Communication Support (Deafness) Bill
2:50 pm All Commons debates on 19 Jun 2013
- Presentation and First Reading (Standing Order No. 57)
- Long title presented a Bill to establish a body to assess provision of communication support for Deaf people and to make recommendations; and for connected purposes.
- Supporters Mr Mark Williams on behalf of Sir Malcolm Bruce, supported by Stephen Lloyd, Rosie Cooper, Richard Ottaway, Mr Michael McCann, Tim Loughton, Sir Robert Smith, Dame Anne Begg, Mr John Leech, Mr Robert Buckland and Mr Mark Williams.
- Bill read the First time; to be read a Second time on Friday 25 October, and to be printed (Bill 24).